This project is currently in the design phase.
Project management, in this case, refers to a client project. A client project can have multiple tasks over a large time period and you need to keep specific information correlated across all tasks.
For example: A new building is being constructed, this is the client project.
- For this project there are transportation, storage, and installation tasks to be performed aver a period of 6 months.
- You already know the PO number, the bill to address, the site addresses, and contacts for all tasks.
Project management here would allow you to identify these field values and have them automatically assigned to any order that is flagged against this project when it is created in the dispatch system. From there you modify the order for the particular task.
Things in consideration:
- marking fields as read-only to prevent user changes
- project access security rights
- on projects in general
- on each project
- notifications / subscriptions